Signs of Infestation
Termites Termination: Provides a Comprehensive List of Signs that Could Indicate a Termite Infestation
Termites are one of the most destructive pests in the world. They can cause extensive damage to homes and other structures, and can be difficult to detect until it’s too late. That’s why it’s important to be aware of the signs of a termite infestation so you can take action quickly. Here is a comprehensive list of signs that could indicate a termite infestation:
1. Discarded Wings: Termites often shed their wings after swarming. If you find discarded wings near windowsills or doorframes, it could be a sign of an infestation.
2. Mud Tubes: Termites build mud tubes to protect themselves from predators and the elements while they travel between their nest and food sources. If you see mud tubes on your walls or foundation, it’s a sure sign of a termite infestation.
3. Hollow Wood: Termites feed on wood, so if you tap on wood and it sounds hollow, it could be a sign of an infestation.
4. Cracked or Bubbling Paint: If you notice paint that is cracked or bubbling, it could be a sign of termites eating away at the wood beneath the paint.
5. Discolored or Blistered Wood: Termites can cause wood to become discolored or blistered, which is another sign of an infestation.
6. Swarms of Insects: If you notice a swarm of insects around your home, it could be a sign of a termite infestation.
7. Discarded Termite Shells: If you find discarded termite shells around your home, it’s a sure sign of an infestation.
By being aware of these signs, you can take action quickly to prevent further damage and protect your home from termites. If you suspect you have a termite infestation, contact a professional termite control company right away.